View Single Post
Old 09-14-22, 08:10 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
That's not a century ride...All you did was three separate shorter rides in a day...A century should be done uninterrupted by anything other than maybe few short stops to eat or drink...I highly doubt that most cyclists have enough stamina and endurance to do a 100 mile ride uninterrupted.

My guess is that I've done as many or more solo centuries compared to any other person on this thread as I've probably averaged about 30 such rides per year for the past 4 years. I've done it uninterrupted several times especially during the COVID shutdown when there was nowhere open to stop. Usually, though, I take a hour or two break for lunch or sightseeing or whatever, Frankly, the difference in stamina and endurance required really isn't that much, I just find the no-breaks ride incredibly tedious, and the break in the middle is usually to do something I will enjoy. It's a way of motivating myself to ride the distance.

Psst--guess what? There's no official "what's a solo century" rule.
Likes For livedarklions: