View Single Post
Old 09-21-22, 10:38 AM
kroozer 
vintage motor

Bikes: 48 Automoto, 49 Stallard, 50 Rotrax, 62 Jack Taylor, 67 Atala, 68 Lejeune, 72-74-75 Motobecanes, 73 RIH, 71 Zieleman, 74 Raleigh, 78 Windsor, 83 Messina (Villata), 84 Brazzo (Losa), 85 Davidson, 90 Diamondback, 92 Kestrel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 78 Posts
Thanks for the replies. The Beugler kit is too expensive for me, although if I was doing this on a regular basis it would be perfect. Masking would work just fine, although it would be very time-consuming. I have done a bit of that, painting narrow seat tube bands and the borders of seat stay caps. On this frame I am already looking at a big job masking and/or outling the fancy head lugs. The pinstriping tape sounds like the simplest solution, it's not paint but under a couple coats of clear would probably look just fine.
Andy, that is a beautiful restoration on your Peugeot. I canīt believe you're selling it--if I put that much work into a bike and got such a nice result, it would definitely be a keeper.
My frame is a 1948 Automoto. It has some of its original parts, and I plan to do something along the lines of Andy's restoration: 650B wheels and fenders, some period components along with some newer parts as long as they blend in well. Here it is, you can see the remains of the original pinstriping in several places:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/476463...57629536444570