Old 10-04-22, 05:23 PM
GAtkins

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane SLR7 Project One 62cm- 2010 Specialized Allez 61cm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I have people stopping for me too. I just sit there until they get tired and drive on. Crossing your arms, taking a drink of your bottle sometimes gets them on their way.

It is annoying that many times it's the last driver in a group of cars that stops. And all that does is allow the gap to the following group of cars to close and I have to wait for all of them too.

People think they are being nice to you by stopping. It makes them mad when you refuse their graciousness. One driver actually shouted at me saying that I was being racist because I refused to cross while they waited!

Yesterday I was at a crossing with a runner. She told me she didn't understand why driver's seemed less likely to stop for her at this one particular crossing. I told her I never want drivers to stop. She looked at me incredulously. I was about to point out to her that we had a stop sign and the crossing intersection, a four lane divided road didn't have a stop sign. But then a car stopped and she went on. I waited.

Part of your OP seemed to indicate you might defer your right-of-way or other rules of the road situations where you have the privilege. I don't necessarily agree with giving up such. All that does is confuse the other person that is simply using the proper rules of the road to give way to you. But knowing the exact situation and seeing the environment you are talking about might change my opinion of that instance.
Just to follow up on your last paragraph. It would be better for them and me to just go around me.

Glenn