Old 11-20-17, 09:41 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by clasher
I'll third the recommendation for Dill Pickle gear. I use their handlebar bag for touring and randonneuring. It's perfect for wallets/phones/etc. as well as snacks for riding. The inner pocket options are worth paying for, I didn't get them but my partner did and the stuff stays much more organized and easily accessible with the pockets. The map holder is nice if you use paper maps though it's on the small side since it's a smaller bag. It's less than 5 minutes to swap between bikes if you want.
I’m pretty interested in that bag. Don’t use paper maps, so I’d probably not want the clear cover on top.

Question: How thick is the material on the cover? I was thinking of putting a magnetic GoPro mount on the top (mount with magnet on top, magnet underneath) to attach a light to. Do you think that would work?

Since this looks like it comes off the bike easily, and since I’ll be using it largely for camera storage, can this be used as a camea bag if I were to add some d-rings for a strap on the side? Or does it balance funny?

J.