View Single Post
Old 12-05-22, 04:55 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,100 Times in 3,833 Posts
Originally Posted by soyabean
I've always worked in car garages since my teens, so it's compressed air for me always. It's so much faster and predictable with compressed air coming from a tank.

Tankless inflators are great for things like matresses and basketballs, but since they take a long time to inflate anything, it's easy for you to get distracted while it is filling anything, next thing you know, pop.

The smallest compressor on a tank is all you need, these often go on sale anytime the year because they are the least useful. They can only drive small things like nail guns. There are even more available used as folks often want bigger ones to run bigger air tools or paint, but big units are not required for tyre inflation which only needs seconds of delivered air.

The tanked air compressor will also open your eyes to the many other wonderful things you can do, the biggest being able to use it to dry bikes quickly as it blows air out of places that can take hours to evaporate.

This is also the reason why there is a Park Tool INF-2 Shop Inflator, they don't make a tankless inflator.
"Pop" is not a real issue. It seems that the auto-off at the preset pressure is pretty standard for this type of device.

I haven't completely abandoned the idea of a small compressor. Is waiting for the tank to charge much of an issue? The cordless would be much more mobile in my space, however.

Last edited by Eric F; 12-05-22 at 05:08 PM.