Old 07-09-21, 09:25 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by tendency
Just beware these offer very little lateral support (unlike Brooks or a hardshell saddle). Felt like I was riding in a hammock that was swaying back and forth. Didn't care for the feel myself.

Personally, I really like the Prologo Dimension saddles but probably not what you're looking for.
Adjusting an SA is kind of intricate. I have a bunch of SA and have not noticed that problem, but I adjust them carefully. My guess is yours needs adjustment and setup. You also should progressively adjust the tension screw to maintain 6mm max spacing across the slot - just a little bit at a time. They discuss it on their site.

Sagging/hammock: it is designed to work as a double hammock, and needs a limited amount of sag. As such, it's more supple than say, a B17. It's possible to make it feel stiffer if you tighten it rather past the 6 mm width. SA does not recommend this. I've never noticed lateral motion, unless perhaps you have the saddle raised sitting up too high and you're getting a lot of hip rocking. Seems like somebody loves every saddle, and somebody hates every saddle.

For the list of recommendations I would add, look at the Specialized Gel Toupe in your width, and at other Specialized models. I think they're pretty goodl