Old 07-21-22, 05:13 PM
Greatestalltime

Bikes: Tcr advanced sl & Protos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
I'm surprised Strava doesn't automate it. I have definitely seen some crazy and obviously BS KOM's disappear from Strava, but maybe it was a result of someone reporting them rather than Strava doing this automatically. I do know Zwift will auto-flag suspicious efforts, which I learned after my power meter had a glitch and suddenly started reading 2000 watts while coasting and my avatar was suddenly sprinting uphill at 35mph. Zwift immediately displayed a message saying it looked suspicious and they had flagged it, would delete, etc.

One thing about Strava KOM's is that to participate in that function, you have to make your rides viewable to the public. If you keep your settings more locked down so that only your followers or only you can see your activities, your efforts won't appear on segment leaderboards. As a result, you can look at anyone's KOM and the rest of their ride that it occurred on. This makes spotting the BS pretty easy.
Yes. If you flag it it goes off right away. Then I guess they review it. I’ve never seen one get put back after it goes away.