View Single Post
Old 03-14-22, 12:13 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2331 Post(s)
Liked 5,040 Times in 1,790 Posts
You know for years I got by with budget bikes for errands like grocery shopping and such. Always compromises. I finally gave in a bought a brand new Azor stepthrough. Now it's highly optioned and twice the price you mentioned but it is one quality piece of kit that will last forever. The racks have a really high carrying weight limit and the front rack is mounted to the frame, not the front wheel. So it never affects handling. I got it with an 8 speed IGH and have yet to run into a hill it can't conquer. I opted for the heavy duty roller brakes and can't complain about them either. For me a dutch style bike is perfect. Maybe look on the used market for one? I'm a guy and used to struggle mounting my other top heavy utility bikes when the racks were loaded and such. Way too easy for stuff to fall out as I leaned it over to through my leg over it to get on. Now it can be loaded with a ton of stuff, I step on, and take off! Should have did this years ago.

Fenders, lights, coat guard, built in wheel lock, two-legged kickstand, etc. This is a true utility bike!