View Single Post
Old 05-01-20, 06:57 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,727 Times in 884 Posts
Thought I'd do another race-the-weather ride this afternoon, and I guess technically speaking I did that, but the weather was just so beautiful that it didn't feel like it. Rode the Rawland out Mass. Ave. to Lexington Center, then enjoyed the rolling hills on Woburn Street as far as Solomon Pierce Road, pedaled past any number of Mickey Mansions and a few well-designed and well-built houses, diffusing through back roads to Maple Street, then onto Lowell Street and down past the Lexington Community Farm (formerly Busa Farm), the Arlington Reservoir, and the Schwamb Mill, then onto Mass. Ave. at the Foot of the Rocks and rolled down the hill to East Arlington and home. Stunning day!

Broadway, East Arlington: best exemplar of the Greek Revival style remaining in the neighborhood, set off with cherry blossoms.

Arlington Center: minimal traffic, 4-to-1 ratio of Minuteman riders to Mass. Ave. riders. I stayed on the road.

Lexington Community Farm. I've lost track of what these people actually do, but I gather they have a CSA. Guess I should look into that.

Arlington Reservoir Beach: nominally, this opens June 13th. In its deserted state, I found it reminding me of the polio epidemics of the 1950s, and having my father explain to me why we couldn't go swimming on a hot summer day.

East Arlignton: home, and on to the next thing. Always something.

rod
Likes For rholland1951: