Thread: 2020 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 06-30-20, 09:35 AM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
I rode one of my existing local brevets and had a good time doing so, carried 7L of water and a bunch food with me but still had to stop at one shop for some pepsi since the heat was getting to me a bit. All the usual outhouses in the parks along the route weren't available which is really annoying but I got lucky with a gas station that brought one in for their customers, so I bought some pepsi from them too.

Toward the end of the month I did a new local 300 and a 200 that were both scheduled for this year but not run; they are awesome routes. The 300 has an 80km section along the shore of Lake Erie so it was mostly headwinds but still quite scenic. The winds did end up being a tailwind most of the way home so that was nice. The 200 is mostly through a county with a mandatory mask order, and it's mostly rural so there wasn't many people in the shops I stopped at. I wear a neck buff on these rides, double-up over my mouth it's an effective enough mask for me.

I have to get out and finish the second half of another 300 I started riding but I turned for home at the half-way point as I'd broken a spoke and I'm glad I did since my shifter broke at the 180km point of this ride... I neglected to do a rebuild on this bike over the winter and now a bunch of mechanical issues have popped up.