Old 02-04-20, 02:51 PM
John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
​​​​​​It doesn't just tell you there's a car behind you, it tells you how many and their relative positions. So you have a pretty good idea when to merge into a gap in traffic while you're paying attention to the road ahead of you.

Can't say anything about Wahoo but I can say the radar is very useful. And that's based on experience using it in a city, not imagining how it might be.
^^^ This! I have a second generation RTL510 radar and use it every time I'm on a public roadway. And to answer the OP's question, yes it does work with the Wahoo Elemnt/Bolt and Roam. In fact, it works slightly better on Wahoo products than it does on Garmin products. Instead of a little yellow dot on a black background that appears on the Garmins, the Wahoo products display an icon of the car(s) behind you and their relative position to one another and to you. Wahoo also warns you of when the radar battery is low and when it's disconnected, something that only the Garmin 1030 does (according to the radar's Owner's Manual). Wahoo has better visual and audio cues as well since it uses more tones than Garmins and also uses the LED lights. The only thing it doesn't display (on either brand computer) is what lane the car(s) are in on multi-lane roads. For that, you still need a mirror. If your wife has a second generation radar, all she needs to do is to have the latest Wahoo firmware. If she has a first generation, she needs the latest firmware for both the Elemnt and the radar.

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress