burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Enthalpic
Most fours around here wont be able to do 300W for an hour, but for sure some can.

Don't think I've ever actually done 300W for an hour but my 40Km time trial PB is 58:40 and that was done while in cat4 (no power data).
It was pretty flat, with some bad road surface for about 3mi per 8mi lap........but mine so far is 58:38 for 25mi. Only 252w. That's before I found a faster helmet and skinsuit also.

I've not tried an all out road bike hour before. I don't know why the TT bike mentally for an hour seems easier. Or even 10mi/20ish minutes. I'm thinking of pacing, hitting lines, position, position, my taint hurts, position, why'd that jerk just pull out in front of me, my taint hurts really bad.............I guess more to distract me from pain than on the road bike.

I've done 283 for 22:38 min on the TT bike outdoors. I sat by the car and half laughed/cried after that one.

2021 once I'm at target weight and power........I want to give the Mt. Mitchell climb another go. I've done 240 for 90min on Zwift recently. Basically a charge up Epic KOM, tempo down and to the Alpe, then upper sweetspot up the Alpe without stopping. If I can get that to an honest 260w for two hours at 70kg..........I'll go give it another shot. 260w for that long at 70kg would probably get me a decent time up it.