Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3884 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Sometimes

Balance of mTOR and AMPK pathways

Can't or shouldn't always eat like a pig and shouldn't also be catabolic all the time.

Skinny old people live a long time but are frail. Fat young people may be strong but they die early. A good balance can lead to a longer healthy lifespan. Fall and early winter would be when I would use various techniques to activate mTOR and lose weight, this time also corresponds to when any exercise would be low aerobic. I have no interest to live to 150 like SInclair but it would be nice to be strong, lean and have good balance and mobility into my late 80's and then just drink the good stuff and smoke cigars until around 95.
Agreed. IME and with other athletic geezers, barring severe injury, the heart is the first thing to go, at about my age or earlier, usually though not always among those who do a lot of high HR work. Once the heart's on the blink the objectives become problematic. Weight shoots up and strength goes down. Just my observation. The oldest rider on RAMROD is usually about 80. That seems to be the upper limit of serious aerobic athleticism and is limited to a very few individuals. You might be one!.