Old 11-16-22, 02:50 PM
theblackbullet

Bikes: I don't even

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...these are nice riding frames, with a longer top tube and longer wheelbase, constructed as three main tubes guaranteed bikes in those years, IIRC.
All the component upgrades are improvements from the originals, which on mine were Shimano mountain bike stuff from that year.

Hard to figure out what's going on with the paint from photos. Looks heavily weathered. Not really seeing the value in parting it out, but I don't follow used component pricing.
The paint isn't weathered so much as it looks like someone took a paint brush to go over the original paint. I'm not sure why.

Basically, what's pushing me towards a part out is that the Super Maxy crankset sells for $80-150 with the road rings on it on the auction website, but if I can source a single ring and label it as BMX they sell for $250-300+??? I don't believe there is a difference, but I'd welcome someone correcting me if there is. I'd gladly let the bike go for $150 for a local deal so I don't have to deal with the hassle or breaking it down into parts, but it seems as though in the Atlanta market it may not move at that price.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&LH_Complete=1