View Single Post
Old 12-27-20, 11:52 AM
twolve

Bikes: 1988 Specialized Rockhopper Comp, 2012 Goodrich Randoneuse, 2016 A-Train, 2022 Wilde Dream Engine, 2022 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 36 Posts
I thought I should update my this thread. The Kongo Sequoia is geared and ready to ride, so here are a few pics of how it sits now.

It’s mostly a suntour mix, my first time using Superbe (which is a fitting name after two rides).

I rode it a month or so ago with a donor set of wheels and old tires and was unimpressed. But the new wheels (Super Champion Gentleman 18 has got to be one of the best rim names out there) and the Soma Super Vitesse tires make a world of difference. The 33mm tires fit well, but with experimenting, it looked like 38mm might fit, but not with the superbe brakes.

All it needs now is a different freewheel, but this mostly works for flat Sacramento right now.

Also, I was wrong about the seatpost. 26.8 seems correct, it just fits very loosely and falls when not tightened down. I wonder if I try another 26.8 post to see if it might fit better?

I did miss clipless on my rides, but the Phil Wood CHP pedals are cool, and cone head Max approves!