View Single Post
Old 06-15-21, 10:04 AM
sovende

Bikes: TNTL (Too numerous to list)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 115 Posts
Years ago, when the “step counting” craze when from pedometers to wrist mounted devices, I had a Soleus brand “tracker”. Main function was step counting and IIRC, had a very basic HR monitor. After a while it failed and it was out of warranty, so it went away. FitBits became the rage, and I received a Charge 2 for my birthday one year. I was happy with its “smartness” (Bluetooth connectivity, multiple fitness modes, HR and sleep tracking). Not long after the warranty expired, the HR sensor failed and the screen developed a “crack”. Was able to get a 25% discount on another FitBit product. I gave that “discount” to my daughter and she bought a FitBit Versa. I then purchased FitBit Charge 3 (new in box) from a relative for a significant discount. Once again, just after warranty expiration, it too, failed to function properly. I was done with FitBit! Fast forward a month or so and I learn that my daughter’s Versa quit the HR tracking function (you guessed it, out of warranty). She got the “upgrade discount” and bought a newer model. Longish story short(er), I inherited her (no HR function) Versa as the other functions (for now) are intact. To be sure, I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANOTHER FitBit product!
Apple Watches are too spendy for me but I could/can see their appeal. Unless I can get one deeply discounted, I will have to do without a “smart watch” if the Versa takes a dump.
Likes For sovende: