Old 09-07-21, 06:03 PM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 1,045 Times in 442 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
The Gravel King slicks are pretty... well... slick. The tire compound does not grip as well as many other tires we have found. We love the regular GK tires however. When those slicks wear out maybe consider Challenge Strada Bianca or Rene Herse file treads.
I think we had this conversation on another thread. I'm also not fond of the GK slicks on anything but flat straightaways. Downhill and trying to take curves fast and I can definitely feel them slip. On the other hand, my GK SS tires have been great allowing me to take corners confidently. In fact between the TLC slicks and the SK knobbies, the SS tires are now my favorite in the GravelKing line-up and hit that perfect sweet spot.

Anyways, I just put the slicks on my new build, since it was the only tires I had available. I have a feeling I won't be taking them off for awhile, since they were such a pain to mount on my tubeless rims. Right now I'm just waiting for a new fork to arrive, but the bike I'm putting together is almost built. Can't wait to ride it!