Thread: Hybrid Options
View Single Post
Old 09-12-21, 07:47 PM
Chickenwings

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Thanks again guys. All very interesting and very much appreciated. Mak, and others, great questions too. My old and decrepit comment was mostly tongue in cheek. I'm both older, 56 and a bit overweight but neither really old nor decrepit but man, it sure feels like it sometimes. This biking thing for me is really about fitness and being able to enjoy life more. I've got a real bad knee and the surgeon said biking is the best thing I can do for it and stave off replacement too. Biking is also one of the few exercises I can do with it and that I'll tolerate.

To the more interesting stuff - yeah exclusively paved roads which is why I'm going into a 'road bike with flat bars' option first. I doubt, but hey, you never know, that I'll ever get into a bike club. I've already bought a starter bike that is very low cost and very low quality but it's proved I'll do this. I'm good with making the next step and even with building my own modest stable if that's what is called for. In fact, I also think it would be neat to get my old Sekine back from the 70's....grin.

You guys have helped tremendously. I hope to snowbird this winter if the border opens so I'm going to be looking for a used bike down south and now I have a MUCH better idea what to look for. Yeah I could have eventually figured this out but way easier and more interesting to get your background stories and tidbits. I'm very grateful, thanks again.
Likes For Chickenwings: