View Single Post
Old 03-14-22, 09:41 AM
bboy314

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 743 Times in 386 Posts
Originally Posted by Around
Ah, I understand now. Yes, I am sure you are correct. I cheap caliper is a cheap caliper. I don't think that prevents me from trying to find a solution aside from purchasing a high end caliper. I think this is how some bikes get to unjustifiable prices. I don't expect cheap components to preform to the same level as a high end component but I do expect them to function. Maybe I am out of line?
My solution to making this cheap caliper work would be to make sure the cabling is flawless (yours certainly isn’t) and try the spring and hope for the best. Sounds like it does “function”, but functioning WELL may be too much to ask of them.

The fact that you’re not a mechanic does make me question your assessment of the shop’s work though. As a shop mechanic, I can think of plenty of times a customer has been unsatisfied with work done and gone on to complain that the shop is incompetent rather than work with the shop to sort out the issue, which often has nothing to do with the quality of work done.
Likes For bboy314: