View Single Post
Old 08-19-22, 07:32 AM
Phatman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
9'' (230mm) here on a Large TCR 2021. I am 6'1''. My previous TCR was a ML so it was sticking out even more (+30mm). Next one will be a ML again because I felt better on it, even if the long exposed seatpost looked odd (see my profile picture)...

TCR seatposts are high, very high. The C in TCR stands for compact. The top tube is angled a lot. That makes the seat post high and sometimes, an odd looking bike as compared to other models with straighter top tubes.

ISP or not, the Advanced and the Advanced SL have identical geometries so you will have as much seat post sticking out on one or the other.
Ah, okay. We're similar sizes. I mostly wanted to make sure that I wasn't pushing any limits with the seatpost length.

Originally Posted by TMonk
Get the ISP! Problem solved. As long as you don't care about resale value and want this as a "forever" bike, and don't need to lend it to others, just set it and forget it. I own a TCR advanced ISP From 2013 and it's the finest bike I've ever owned, def. won't sell it. The iSP is really dumb in concept, but it is also kinda cool. I enjoy the TCR so much that I am considering replacing it with a 2022 just so I can get the maroon color and have a lighter bike.

Enh, the ISP does add cost though, they're ~$1000 more. And while I typically don't flip bikes, it still freaks me out a bit to make a permanent seat height change. Maybe I shouldn't be worried about it though, I've run a 790mm seat height for 10 years now.