View Single Post
Old 11-06-22, 06:34 PM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1279 Post(s)
Liked 1,393 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
The Bianchi is the only black bike I own, and as you can see it's not even all black. It's got those "Mid-Oughts highlights".

You did Mt San Bruno? Cool! I actually work at the corner of Guadalupe Canyon and Bayshore, but in the 5 years I've been here I haven't ridden up it. Somebody told me the shoulder is too full of debris - is that anything like true? Now that I have no group to look after, I'm thinking about doing mid-day, midweek rides from the office, and since the mountain looms over me, it's an obvious choice. And we're only here till April, so I better do it soon, if I'm gonna do it at all!
it’s no kind of glamorous climb, that’s for sure, but it’s a steady grade, a wide shoulder, and a nice distance for an easy climb. around 700’ or so and no cross traffic. you can really bomb it on the downhill (strava segment is called “guadalupe canyon bombing run”), long sweeping turns, headwind from the west means you don’t really need to brake if you’re comfortable in the 30-45mph range. pavement isn’t bad at all, never had any traffic issues or shoulder issues. i do like the varia for this hill since traffic is a bit faster than typical for a bay area climb.

if you want to go the top, radio road is closed to cars but the pavement is crap. ok for the climb, bad descent!