View Single Post
Old 02-08-23, 08:17 AM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4392 Post(s)
Liked 3,016 Times in 1,865 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
Have you been to any local events? The ones here in the mid-Atlantic tend to be a great scene: lots of fields of different class / sex / age. Strong showings by junior racers. A lot of families & dogs making a day of it. Good club participation. And sometimes some darn good racing, too.

CX is one of the gateways for our up and comers, too. Example: Magnus Sheffield was the US CX 15-16 champ in 2018.
https://www.crossresults.com/racer/100914

I think you're in Deutschland, Herr MinnMan . IDK what it's like there, but I imagine it is solid. Though perhaps the season is a bit different than in the lowlands. It is here. Much more of a fall sport, Sep - Nov with a few last gasps in early Dec.
Yes, I'm in Germany for a while and there is indeed a fall CX scene that's pretty active. Normally of course, I'm in Minnesota and there's quite a big CX scene in the northern midwest - Jingle Cross in Iowa is the most well-known (though it seems that it was canceled this past year)

I don't hear to much about CX happening in the east, but it's good to hear that there is a lot of activity. Normally I associate CX in the states with midwestern locales - Iowa, Arkansas, etc.