Old 07-26-16, 08:37 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Really, that's it. Comparing an imaginary fairytale to the real story of a guy who lost a third of his heart muscle and finds that, by using an e assist he can still ride with his friends?

Or my friends story of trying to live more car free while dealing with rheumatoid arthritis.

Those are the real people who get dissed when we turn conversations like this into name calling (lazy, cheaters) and hurtful jokes.

What poses more of a threat to a discussion forum.. hypothetical hillbilly stories or the perception of rude and insensitive outlooks towards others? I think the focus is on the wrong problem because it says something about our community when that stuff goes unchallenged.

Personally, I don't want to be associated with mean spirited people who worry more about their sacred cow definition of a bicycle than real people's problems.

Can you imagine being face to face with those people who have problems and calling them lazy or cheaters or comparing their options to a hypothetical story.. it would be embarrassing.. both to the speaker and the people in their group. This forum is that group.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 07-26-16 at 08:51 PM.