View Single Post
Old 12-30-20, 10:01 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked 3,986 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by bOsscO
I've heard good things about Arkel bags; https://www.arkel-od.com/
Not sure how the price point compares to Ortleib bags.
They have waterproof options, made in Canada, etc.
Arkel makes some of the finest touring bags but as far as price, they are not cheap however their waterproof Dolphins and Orcas are close with Ortlieb (a tiny bit more) but their non-waterproof stuff like the GT-54s which I bought are a lot more expensive but way more features.

Arkel is for those who like luggage and storage pockets and neat compartments and may have interest in some waterproof stuff and may not.
Ortleib is for those who want durable waterproof with a large cavity.

Both are excellent quality and will last forever you just need to figure out what works best for you. I really like the organizational capabilities of the Arkels which is why I got them but (also tons of space) but it is not for everyone. Also the rack connection system is different and maybe the Ortleib system might work better or maybe the Arkel system would work better.
Likes For veganbikes: