View Single Post
Old 05-01-21, 10:07 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 256 Posts
I had my cancerous prostate removed in 2011, at age 53. Mine was the very rare rapid-growing PCa. First sign of trouble was my routine PSA test in late April. My PSA level had doubled from 1.2 to 2.4 in just one year - still within the normal range for a person of my age, but the RATE of increase was a red flag... A second PSA test was performed six weeks later to confirm the elevated level - and it was already at 3.0... Needle biopsy two weeks later confirmed PCa in half the gland. My surgery to remove the prostate was at the end of August. Post surgery analysis had the cancer throughout the prostate and about to escape... That was just FOUR MONTHS from 'maybe' to 'seriously life-threatening!'

Anyway, my late August surgery meant that the normal 6-8-week recovery took me until the end of the normal riding season here. The next spring I got back on the bike and it felt like any other first ride of the season after six months of no riding... 6-8 week recovery because my job required being able to lift up to 120 pounds.

Good luck with yours!!!
Likes For Cougrrcj: