Old 05-27-21, 09:16 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
Friend was riding with his wife and got a flat. While working on it his wife set her bike down on the shoulder of the road, there was no curb. Guy comes by in a pickup and runs over her bike. Driver is apologetic and promises to take care of it and gives his insurance info.
Later my friend calls the guy after he locates a used Roubaix and tells him the price. Guy freaks out and says he's not paying because the bike was "parked illegally".
My friend calls the guy's insurance company and they are eager to resolve it and cut him a check right away. There weren't even any injuries.

Seems to me if there are potential injuries they would be wanting to pay for the bike and get it over with. My ex and I were in her car and got rear-ended at low speed. No injury and a little cosmetic damage to the car. Adjuster came and looked at the car and they gave us a check which was very generous.
Yeah, it sounds like I should just call her insurance. Maybe forward the most recent quote first so that she sees the ~$10k estimate and knows why I'm going to them.
Likes For himespau: