View Single Post
Old 07-16-21, 01:33 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
I like old stuff and new technology and better designs and materials is dumb!!!"
-Baby Boomers

Yup...Some of the newer bikes are much more comfortable, faster, fun, safer and reliable. You speak as if that's a bad thing and say negative things about nice bikes that you've never even ridden. I don't know if it's jealousy or what with you.

Just do me a favor and don't respond to my posts.
Well, as you keep responding to my posts I'll respond to this and then we can keep it at that.

A. Never said anything bad about a nice bike... ever.
My push back is always when YOU say something bad about less expensive or older bikes. Let's keep that straight. It's your repetitive long standing need to put other bikes down in threads you admittedly care nothing about (rigid, 26", older design) that I take issue with. If you could your curb need to denigrate that there would be no problem. No one puts your choices down - You put other peoples choices down. I asked fort some pics as to what kind of conditions you ride for some clarification (it's always so easy to snipe from the cover of anonymity) as you like to talk a lot about how all this stuff makes riding so much better yet, predictably, there is nothing that special about the conditions you ride.

The title of this thread is "Inexpensive fat bikes". Are you interested in them... or just want to put them down?

B. I ride lot's of bikes. Some expensive, some not. In 1 hour I'm going to ride a $6000 bike as part of my job. When I'm not working I travel around NA riding bikes or scuba diving. Just my drysuit is worth more than some bikes. No jealousy here. The difference is that I can appreciate the values of both, expensive and inexpensive, particularly for people who are on a fixed budget. I support riders, not the industry.

C. Your made up quote only shows how judgmental you are towards others. FWIW, BB's put a man on the moon and invented that computer thingy you are typing on.

There. Now you can call it quits if you want. I feel no need to continue making this personal but I will continue to push back against your negativity towards bikes you "deem" unworthy, particularly in threads about those you have no interest in otherwise. I feel it limits the participation of others who may feel judged because of the value of their bikes. I'm here to share and encourage riding, not spending and will continue to do so for all points along the price/design/era spectrum. You will just have to make room for people to have pleasant conversations about bikes you are not interested in without posting in to sully the waters.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 07-16-21 at 01:44 PM.