View Single Post
Old 07-30-21, 08:50 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by NomarsGirl
I don't recommend this method, but I had a serious health issue that resulted in a nearly complete loss of appetite. I lost more than 50 pounds in a month. (I wasn't eating at all). Now, people just tell me that I look great. No one asks if I'm OK. (I'm really not) I finally look like a cyclilst.

I'm always glad to see you posting and hope your health is improving. I'm selfish, your posts are always interesting and amusing so I want to read more of them.

I had a bit of the opposite experience, my weight loss was so extreme that people were asking me if everything was ok. I'm sorry you're getting the short end of that bargain.

I just saw a documentary show (I think it was Nova) about the role of fat in health, and they did a segment on a man who had a genetic disorder that didn't allow his body to store any significant amounts of fat. Because of the lack of fat, his muscles looked huge and defined, but he actually was weak and could barely walk, both because his knees lacked fat pads and because he would get fatigued with very low levels of exertion as he had very little stored energy reserves. But he definitely looked good in a bathing suit.