View Single Post
Old 01-12-21, 06:40 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
All sage advice and I feel challenged to improve. I really don't mind the smaller hills like Box Hill or Innsbruck (hate NYC for some reason) it's just the length in the saddle combined with the puddles of sweat everywhere when climbing the longer hills. Just remember, being heavier is a real crutch as the amount of power required to get up that hill is high. I'm riding in a race or group ride and on flats I can cruise around 3.0 w/kg, average speed35-40 mph so I feel good but as soon as we hit an incline, suddenly people start passing me and I'm now pushing out 3.8w/kg but I can't sustain that for very long so I go from 30th place to 100th place in a race with 400 riders!
Ah well, enough whining from me, maybe I should just cut out the carbs or something.
  • I like the idea of raising the front wheel blocker to feel like going up, that's good advice.
  • I've been on Zwift for for 4 years now so I can't use being inexperienced as an excuse!
  • I've ordered one of those bike sweat bibs so looking forward to saving a bit of salt acid from dripping on the bike
  • I do have a wheel on Smart Trainer which I've always had set to 50% difficulty level and my trainer has a 10% max gradient simulation so that makes me even a bigger suck ha ha
Peace out and maybe we'll ride by each other on Zwift one day?