View Single Post
Old 07-05-22, 08:38 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
Originally Posted by beng1
I call "e-bikes:" mopeds, because that is what they actually are, they have no more relation to a real bicycle than the pedal-start board-track racing motorcycles of the WWI era.

They are no more bicycles than an "e-cigarette" is a cigarette. They do not belong at bicycle gatherings or at bicycle rides, they belong at events and gatherings for motor vehicles, maybe the Harley-dominated poker-run.

If I ever smell that an moped rider believes they have anything to do with human-powered bicycling, an effort should be made to correct their thinking. I am sure they are forums for motorcycles with sections for so-called "e-bikes", and there are internet forums specific to gasoline powered mopeds and scooters, that is where the e-biker and their over-priced trendy, fashioable POS belong.
right. I guess according to my HRM and my watts meter I somehow burn around 600 to 800 calories a day riding one of those mopeds amazing really. this is really just a lack of knowledge about e bikes and how they work. Now a hub drive bike ya it can ridden with no effort and just spinning the peddles or using the throttle. but a mid drive with a torque sensor requires you to put effort into peddling. if you dont you don't go anywhere. this morning I averaged 140 watts and burned about 225 calories thats hard to do on a moped. nothing outstanding but not bad for me. on a really good day I can average 200 watts. hell the nI climbed a 22% grade hill yesterday my heart rate hit 165 how is that possible on a moped??? right before I eat the peach of this hill I was putting out over 500 watts and my heart rate hit 160 right after, Moped again? to max out my motors torque I have to put out 500 watts myself.