roadcrankr
Thread derailleur

Bikes: Merlin Extralight '94 & Cannondale Supersix '15

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 264 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Neese
Correct. Putting your foot down while still in the saddle is not a thing. You shouldn't be able to do it, nor should it be attempted. The exceptions would be a "pedal forward" bicycle that's made for that, or I guess a recumbent. On a normal bike, if you're stopped, you are out of the saddle, period. If you can put your foot down while stopped, your saddle is too low and that alone can cause knee pain.
Originally Posted by raqball
I said nothing of the sort. Please stop making things up because your tippy-toe thing is absurd and a bad idea to pass along as advise to someone who is already experiencing issues...

Here is what I actually said:

Now let me guess... Your tippy-toe nonsense qualifies as stable footing in your mind right?
I never gave any advice. In fact, you guys did by saying a rider could not touch the ground while seated.
The excerpt from your post, that Jeff Neese confirmed: "If your bike is properly fitted then you should not be able to reach the ground with either foot while still seated in the saddle." This advice suggests and infers the OP should raise his saddle height.
I never recommended anybody to perform this maneuver, but I have done it for fifty years without any issues.
Perhaps you should re-read your narrative in the morning with a clear mind.
Likes For roadcrankr: