Old 05-10-23, 03:25 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Interesting. I need to try this. I've been experiencing intermittent vertigo so bad for the past couple of years I've had to discontinue most outdoor cycling. I still use the indoor trainer, but since around 2021 I've mostly switched to jogging.

I still get dizzy spells but if I fall I won't have far to go, and can aim for soft grass if I'm lucky. So far I've fallen only once while running, and that was mostly due to overestimating my 65 year old body's ability to jump like a 20something. I tried to hop across a gap, which I cleared easily, but my legs collapsed on landing. No injuries, other than embarrassment as it occurred next to a busy thoroughfare at rush hour. I just bounced up and resumed jogging with that "I mean to do that!" aplomb mastered by house cats when they fail to actually land on their feet.

I've consulted my primary care doc and ENTs a few times but they blow me off as if it's nothing to worry about. After ignoring my complaints, I ended up in the ER and urgent care a couple of times needing prednisone and antibiotics for upper respiratory and inner ear inflammation and infection. I need to find better doctors.