Old 08-21-21, 06:53 AM
Pulse_

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Thanks to you all for the support! I just prepared my bike this morning. It needed a good clean after riding on wet roads and I checked all screws with my torque wrench and nothing had to be re-tightened which is good news . Lamps are charged too so I'll have a ride this afternoon.

Right now I have flat pedals and Adidas Gazelle sneakers and have good sensations. I plan to make a switch for automatic pedals later but can you confirm I rather do the switch after the challenge than before? Or do I have the time to accomodate to automatic pedals until the 26/09?

I downloaded strava, there is a 1 month free membership available but I'll wait till the end of this month to try the full version so that I can benefit from it during the challenge.

Do you always take rain clothes with you for a multi hours ride (let's say 3-4h) or how do you do? I live in Belgium, weather changes quick sometimes.

Typically what tire pressure do you run? I'm 72kg for 188cm and chose to go for 8bars (25mm tires), which is 1bar less than recommended on this chart (source: road.cc)

Edit: I'll reduce my pressure to 7bars as I found it a bit too harsh with 8 bars. We'll see how it goes. I obtained this result with Silca's calculator
https://info.silca.cc/silca-professi...ure-calculator

Last edited by Pulse_; 08-21-21 at 07:26 AM.