Old 08-23-21, 04:40 PM
tanyalouise
FledglingVintageMechanic

Bikes: Norco Monshee, Fuji Finest, Indian Princess… +26 others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help me with EXCITING Fundraising event ideas for Nonprofit!

Hello all! I’m cofounder for Green Mountain Foster Bikes here in Vermont. We take donated bikes (often saving them from landfills), fix them, and give them to foster kids! We love what we do so much, but as it’s just two of us who run it while both working full time, we have been doing so basically out of a field with no proper storage. Now we have an opportunity to buy a building to be able to run the nonprofit properly, but need to raise $140,000 to do so (and quickly).
SO to cut to the chase, I’m trying to come up with ideas for an event that can raise that kind of cash. We do take donations any time on our website, but we need to do something much larger. Please, if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them! So far we have talked about doing a silent auction as we have many friends who are artists etc, and maybe a benefit concert. The issue we hit is that Vermont is small and rural, so it’s harder to have these do as well as in a city. Please help me…. <3

For context you can watch our video about what we do, just google us and it will come up on YouTube.

thank you so much for any thoughts you might have!

our website is greenmountainfosterbikes . Org