Thread: New Stove
View Single Post
Old 09-14-21, 07:27 AM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
I haven't owned or used a Dragonfly. I know that people complain about the Whisperlite and the Svea123 though which I find quite pleasant. I guess maybe the Dragonfly is much louder. I just have a hard time imagining noise being a major deal. Then again as I said I haven't used a Dragonfly. Maybe, it would annoy me too. Otoh, I sleep fine next to the highway or railroad tracks where folks say the noise keeps them up all night. I read about places where people say it was impossible to sleep and remember sleeping like a baby there. So maybe I am just pretty tolerant about noise
Continuing the plane analogy, a Whisperlite (clue in the name) and a 123 would be a Cessna, a Dragonfly is a B52 taking off fully loaded. If you are in a small room with one going full noise, you have to shout, but your coffee will be ready in a minute.
Likes For Trevtassie: