View Single Post
Old 09-14-21, 10:43 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 965 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 1,045 Posts
Gravel bikes work well on smooth roads too. If recovering from a broken femur I would not recommend ridding on uneven terrain. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of gravel bikes that's for sure. The fact that your bike is a little on the small size is a good thing. It will allow you to adjust to your new dimensions and developing abilities. Just like you are learning to walk without a limp so to are you learning to ride. Your previous ridding experience is definitely going to help but you will need to use your brain to temper what you remember as your ridding abilities. There are going to be twists and turns that you no longer will be able to make regardless of the terrain and surface. I am sorry to say this but you should not be off road until you can walk without a limp. You are relearning how to ride. So having a new bicycle that is adaptable is important. I think you made the right decision to buy a gravel bike even if you don't use it on gravel...