View Single Post
Old 01-28-24, 07:18 AM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 153 Posts
I've watched (I believe) every LeMond documentary and I own and have watched every WCP dvd there is (the LeMond years several times.)
I earnestly believe LeMond never doped, because he wasn't clever or devious enough to lie on camera the way cycling's cancer did.

One-nut admitted to doping to Oprah on television. Do you have any evidence at all that LeMond doped?

I raced in Europe (got my @$$ handed to me, so it was a relief when I read "Dog in a Hat" and recognized amphetamines were pretty widespread on my team.) Before that, I even raced in a Cat 1-2-3 pack in Dripping Springs, TX, outside of Austin with one-nut back in the 80's (dropped again.)
Doping was a huge problem, but to drop a blanket accusation over everyone who raced... I lived through those years and I distinctly remember LeMond on camera stating that doping controls needed to be increased while he was winning.
Likes For calamarichris: