Old 07-30-16, 09:47 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,313 Times in 706 Posts
Don't know. My sense is there are those people who dream and those who play armchair quarterback. The dreamers often have to walk in the wilderness a bit and face criticism but then, afterwards, they are often called visionaries instead. Not claiming any of that for myself of course, just aware that ideas aren't always welcomed with open arms which doesn't necessarily make them wrong. Talking about how e bikes can/could be used in tours seems to fit into an e bike touring thread.

I come here to explore ideas, not seek permission. My wife is my only gate keeper. If I'm not breaking the law or hurting anyone (or advocating it) who cares how I spend my vacation?

That's really part of the emotional/social aspect of this discussion; why people feel the need to go out of their way to say they disagree with what someone else is doing when no harm is being done. I get that people may not like it or agree with stuff, I don't like Blue Cheese, but I don't go out of my way telling people they are wrong for liking it.

I do appreciate your input because until now I have never really considered how e bikes could be flexed towards touring and am not a very tech nerdy kinda of guy for the details. I just ride stuff.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 07-30-16 at 10:01 PM.