View Single Post
Old 02-22-21, 04:29 PM
cmh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by waterrockets
Anyone else have chronically sore legs developing around their 50th birthday. This is some bull***t. Been a thing for about four or five months. Took a week off the bike completely to enjoy the TX natural disaster, get back on, and day 3 my legs just hurt all the time when I'm off the bike. On the bike everything is normal -- legs aren't even tired --- power is great.
Originally Posted by caloso
Not legs, but I have had intermittent lower back pain and stiffness. It will be fine for a few days and for some reason some days I can barely straighten up. It's actually not bad on the bike once I get warmed up, even in the drops.
I've had delayed onset muscle soreness my whole life from any variety of workouts - cycling, basketball, weight lifting, running, hiking. This has been since at least high school and I just think it is the way I am. Soreness is worse 2 days after working out worse than the day after, but once I'm warmed up, I feel fine (and generally power or strength seems fine). I think it has increased a little bit since I turned about 50, but it isn't much different.

My back started to get stiff after a lot of riding, or particularly if that is combined with skiing or something like gardening sometime around 40. It has generally gotten worse with age, but has gone down a lot in the last few years with increased attention to strengthening (mostly core work and squats), and stretching (mostly yoga).
Likes For cmh: