phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3229 Post(s)
Liked 2,034 Times in 966 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Fortunately, it's also getting more convenient. You can get 'em at your local pharmacy these days, vs the big vaccination sites last year.
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
I've gotten all 3 of my shots at the local Safeway pharmacy.

Dunno if I'll get shot #4 or not
I got my booster at CVS
It's worth noting that some child hood vaccines are given as many as 5 times. Boosting doesn't just bring the antibody titer back up, it also refines the response. Cells that make antibodies that bind are stimulated to undergo "affinity maturation", in which they "try out" a bunch of mutations in the binding portions, and the ones that work best are amplified. So, there's more to it than just bringing you back up to where you were after the 1st boost.
I get the reasoning, I’m just over it all and selfishly out of ****s to give.

Yes. They do that.

The boosters are still the same isolates, though. Interestingly, the immunity against Omicron after 2 shots was lousy, even at peak antibody titer, but the third shot not only restored the titer but also brought immunity against Omicron up to almost the same level as against the original isolate.
We had friends catch Omicron from a waitress that served us all in Saratoga. We were boosted, they weren’t. We never felt sick or tested positive.

I’ll probably get it, I’m pro-vax.