View Single Post
Old 08-09-22, 08:17 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4346 Post(s)
Liked 3,982 Times in 2,661 Posts
A cheap wheel is going to be a cheap wheel. If you are having wheel issues getting one hand built by a professional wheel builder is going to be the key. Certainly shorter spokes are going to be stronger but cheap-o machine built wheel of smaller size is probably going to be weaker than a hand built wheel of larger size. Also with a smaller wheel potentially you might have more room for wider tires which will help.

Not sure why it has to be a Rockshox, Rockshox makes some decent forks but the do some lower end stuff as well so keep that in mind. Fox would be a better option for higher end forks as they really don't have any low end stuff, Anywho as long as you have a decent air shock you are probably OK. I get those parts you wanted as a "yute" but Kashima coating yummo))))

Anywho I currently have a 100mm RS fork and wish I had a 130mm travel it would be such a better ride and more capable bike and the bike currently has the geo for it but I did get a good deal on the SID XX fork so it going to be tough to find a fork that nice for the price. Basically don't limit yourself get a bike that is going to make the most sense.