View Single Post
Old 05-13-19, 11:17 AM
threeteas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bbbean
That gives you 3 months - 5 lbs a month isn't too hard - just a little over a pound a week. You should be able to run a 3000-4000 calorie/week deficit with a little discipline and extra workouts without too much difficulty.

FWIW, I had a similar set of physical issues before I lost my weight - My blood sugar, BP, cholesterol, etc were all high or borderline, I had sleep apnea and a host of other issues that were annoying or worse. Losing the weight cleared all of them up, and even cleared up issues I didn't think were related, like my chronic sinusitis. The discipline was easily worth the effort and then some.

Which day(s) are you thinking of racing? I typically finish my season with the Tour de Francis Park or the Benton Park Classic. Love the Gateway Cup. Are you doing any of the TNW races in Carondelet?
Yeah man! It's either the Tour of the Hill or Lafayette for me. The last time I raced the Tour of the Hill? 1995. I got top 20 in the 3s that day and it was an awesome result for me. Guys from all over the country were there. I hear it's about the same, maybe even bigger these days.

I'm quite a ways from St. Louis so can't make the TNW at Carondelet. Wish I could though.