Attilio

Bikes: Salsa!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat
Gotta call TROLL on this OP-thread

To paraphrase the OP's premise.."I hate folks that post they hate some well-loved piece of equipment as all it does is create a big dust cloud and everyone leaves without the slightest change in their position"

If you don't like drop bars..don't use them..was that so hard?

..waste of time and good electrons
The problem is that I got a really nice bike with drop bars that I briefly pedalled and thought I enjoyed with the responsiveness but now that my skillset is growing and I can go quite fast and longer I find that the drop bar isn't working for me at all. I am very well aware it's much loved which is why I am posting for help because I HATE IT and am unable from my own devices to find a way that is working for me but because I already bought the Warbird it's not as easy as "not using them".

So I have three choices:
1. Convert it to a flat bar which is expensive and a lot of work with no guarantee of successor
2. Sell the bike at a loss and consider a custom build with carbon frame/ flat bar (even more expensive!)
3. Figure out what I can do to make it work for me.

For now I am trying #3 . That said I just got back from a ride and I tilted the bars more forward not less. It's not as bad but I still don't have a very good grip and still can't brake and shift as quickly as I'd like. The forward position really doesn't work for me as it's very uncomfortable. I am trying to get used to it. Any suggestions like maybe padding, gloves or stuff like that? I am looking online and seeing there are more than a few people who don't like drop bars as well I know I am not alone. What I would like to know is what *YOU* did (plural) to make them work for you.

Last edited by Attilio; 05-05-20 at 06:40 AM.