Old 05-05-20, 07:33 AM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by Attilio
The problem is that I got a really nice bike with drop bars that I briefly pedalled and thought I enjoyed with the responsiveness but now that my skillset is growing and I can go quite fast and longer I find that the drop bar isn't working for me at all. I am very well aware it's much loved which is why I am posting for help because I HATE IT and am unable from my own devices to find a way that is working for me but because I already bought the Warbird it's not as easy as "not using them".

So I have three choices:
1. Convert it to a flat bar which is expensive and a lot of work with no guarantee of successor
2. Sell the bike at a loss and consider a custom build with carbon frame/ flat bar (even more expensive!)
3. Figure out what I can do to make it work for me.

For now I am trying #3 . That said I just got back from a ride and I tilted the bars more forward not less. It's not as bad but I still don't have a very good grip and still can't brake and shift as quickly as I'd like. The forward position really doesn't work for me as it's very uncomfortable. I am trying to get used to it. Any suggestions like maybe padding, gloves or stuff like that? I am looking online and seeing there are more than a few people who don't like drop bars as well I know I am not alone. What I would like to know is what *YOU* did (plural) to make them work for you.
What type of riding are you doing with the Warbird ... on-road (including unpaved/gravel roads) or off-road? Is it meant to be your 'road bike'?
Likes For badger1: