Old 05-05-20, 09:12 AM
Attilio

Bikes: Salsa!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Thank you Badger1 that was a very helpful post. Like you said, you want to get something right straight off the bat from the factory as none of us are as smart as all the R&D these big companies can dish out with their billions of dollars and millions of man hours. Money dumped modifying something from what it was designed to do is like lighting $100 bills on fire. I get it.

For now I am going to see what suggestions I come up with to make the most of the drop bars, especially just using it a lot and trying to practice though I feel very constricted and limited by the body position and lack of grip as well as lack of dexerity on the brakes and shifters. I am going to continue using my Warbird to see how I can make the best of it. I am looking to avoid spending money right now given the status of the economy but my long term plan might be to hand it down to my younger son who LOVES drop bars when he outgrows his current bike at only 11 he is 5'5"! I might consider a flat bar bike similar to the Warbird when economic times improve. By then I will have practiced enough on the drop bar to see if I can make use of it or if I really don't want it.