Old 12-05-22, 03:11 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I am not saying cold dry air is good for you it isn't but I think framing it in a way that it is totally bad is not fair. It is fine in moderation. Obviously athletes take a greater toll on their bodies but if you are just having a nice ride and not going crazy or trying to hit the KOM things on a daily basis in the weather there isn't a ton of harm.

I also don't mean to attack Mirkin the quip I made was a joke. I wouldn't compare him to Oz (and I know you weren't suggesting that and were responding to someone else), Oz is a medical fraud and complete quack. Plus he is another denier of the Armenian Genocide but this could devolve into P&R quickly so I will stop on that.

I think you just have to take his advice with some usage of the brain and make sure you are doing what is right for you. If you have a lot of health conditions then yeah don't go out if you don't be smart about your body and you will be fine.

I think it's pretty obvious that these factors are going to affect some people pretty badly and others pretty much not at all. I've noticed that as I developed some health issues in the last couple years that are directly related to the issues on that list, I was a lot less enthusiastic about riding in sub-50 degree weather. Having seen this article, I now think my body was telling me something, and I should listen to it rather than trying tp "tough it out".
Likes For livedarklions: