Old 10-02-21, 02:04 PM
Krov9

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by DiegoFrogs
Interesting to see a Schwinn land in Finland. I lived in Sweden for 5 years and saw exactly one locked up, and it may have belonged to someone I know.

Do any of the stickers on the seattube give an indication about its origins?
I've come across a few Schwinns here every now and then, I'd say mostly from 2000 onwards. Someone has maybe imported them at some point, but in very small numbers?

The sticker on the seattube says "Helen's, Santa Monica Westwood, Area's Largest". The gentleman I bought this from told me that the person he had bought this bike from had brought it with him in his luggage on a flight from the States. Curious choice, I'd suppose there should be more "exciting" stuff to haul over the pond too This model would be a low to mid tier offering as far as I know. Surprisingly fun ride anyway, very agile and stable at the same time. I've seen pics of the same model in black chrome finish and it's gorgeous. The silver grey on this one is not too bad either, but it's got some rust here and there from the chain, clamps and cables.

The handlebar is supposedly a NOS spare for one of these they were called "rodeo bars" for whatever reason EDIT: rodeo was a Finnish name for an "ape hanger", so I don't have a clue what this should be called

Last edited by Krov9; 10-02-21 at 02:10 PM. Reason: correction