Old 03-24-22, 06:44 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked 778 Times in 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Velogoth
I was looking to snag a pair of v-brakes off of a bike at the dump for a project... and then I realized what the brakes I was looking at were attached to. This is a 1997 1998 Cannondale F2000 CAAD3. The dump attendant said someone had just dropped it off because they "hadn't ridden it in 10 years".

It's the right size for me, and there's nothing wrong with it other than normal wear & tear for its age BUT:
1. I'm not really a mountain biker.
2. At 280lbs I think I'm too heavy for it. This is a light frame, and I've read that the headshoks aren't a good fit for heavy riders.

So, do I sell it? If so, how much should I sell it for? Should I have the headshok serviced before selling?
Do I part it out on ebay?
Am I too heavy for it? Do I keep it for singletrack/occasional rides with friends?

Thanks in advance!
I recommend keeping as a off road rider.
I think it will support your weight.
Why dont people drop off such descent bikes to thrift shops so hopefully the needy will find more healthy transportation ?
Likes For joesch: