Old 10-29-22, 02:05 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4792 Post(s)
Liked 3,918 Times in 2,548 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
Yes... I have always thought this an excellent idea. Think of it, you have a special helmet approved for specific sports but not interchangeable with other sports. That does not sound right to begin with. Why not use a hockey helmet on a climbing wall, or baseball plate, or spelunking trip, or even a bike ride. The hockey helmets are already set up to be modified for various stages of protection and are proven. I feel pretty strongly about this. Especially with the kids who need four or five different helmets for the different sports they may participate in. The hockey helmets already look similar to bike helmets to begin with.

Next Rant... Multi Sport shoes... Ha... They would never let this happen...
I was forgetting about the shields for the skaters. In my day they were just for goalies. The rest (at least at the pro level) protected their teeth by leaving them in their lockers.

Yes, ventilation! Those who don't play have no idea how hot ice hockey is. Your uniform has to be warm enough that you are ready to go when you are called. Then it may be full blast the entire several minutes until the next stoppage. No whistle? You see wasted players throwing themselves into the bench, completely spent. (And that replacement doesn't get two seconds to shed a layer.)

And proof? Walk into any hockey locker room. There isn't a sport that smells as bad.
Likes For 79pmooney: