Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1933 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by vespasianus
Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPn_b1Exa58

Talk with someone like Rob English.

Seat stays are in place because the UCI dictates what makes a bike frame.

Fixing carbon is easy. Roadies are failing to learn things that mountain bikers learned years ago.

Road bikes design is dictated by the UCI and racing rules - which is the reason why the whole "aero" bike thing is a joke. Lipstick on a pig.
I haven't laughed this hard in months.

You do you buddy LMAO! Knock one of your seatstays out with a hammer, then do a descent. Report back afterwards and share your results. I have no doubt certain dirtbag 13 year old mountain bikers have fixed their frames with Gorilla Glue and cling wrap. The difference is that I'm a real adult with a real job. This is pocket change hobby money. My life is worth more than trash. Are we bums here?

By the way I get email alerts to message replies, so I'm able to see what you wrote originally before you edited your post, which is even more hilarious.

Quoting you:
Originally Posted by vespasianus
You have no idea what you are talking about. Go do some research and come back. Seat stays are in place because the UCI dictates what makes a bike frame.
LOL! Yes, seatstays exist because UCI dictates it. It has nothing to do with the fact that the seatstays are the compression member in a triangular truss without which the truss wouldn't exist. You're absolutely right lmao...

Last edited by Yan; 11-23-22 at 10:51 AM.
Likes For Yan: